NEW CHANCE FOR LIFE – PAEDIATRIC PROGRAMME: Ubuhlebezwe
Partners: District Department of Health
We have been working in five clinics in Ubuhlebezwesub-district since October 2014. In partnership with the District Management team and partners, five clinics were selected for our focused support.The clinics are located in predominantly rural areas and are all relatively small facilities.
All facilities are facing particular challenges with low rates of children with HIV being known to the facilities. The clinics also face common challenges involving the management of children and adolescents with HIV,as well as systems concerns including notes organisation, patient flow, workload and staff attrition.
The main objectives for our work in these clinics are:
1. To understand the systems challenges faced and work with the clinic team to identify possible solutions.
2. To assess the quality of HIV treatment and care provided to children and adolescents with HIV.
3. To work with the clinic team to identify strategies for improvement.
4. To provide real-time mentoring and teaching to address the challenges identified.
5. To assist the clinic team to develop an action plan to address challenges.