- Industry: Healthcare & Medical
- Position: Clinical Nurse in uMzinyathi District (based in Durban)
- Contract: 12 Months
- Experience Level: Experienced Professional
- Experience Required: 5 Years
- Closing Date: 29th September 2023
CHIVA is looking to employ a Clinical Nurse Mentor who will deliver teaching and mentoring to nurse clinicians delivering HIV services and HCWs providing psychosocial support in primary health care clinics in the uMzinyathi district. The aim of the project is to improve the knowledge and skills of healthcare workers delivering HIV services at a facility and community level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide distance, peer and face-to-face mentorship to healthcare workers delivering HIV services at selected clinics in uMzinyathi District
- Provide teaching on key clinical aspects of HIV healthcare provision to children and adolescents
- Support health care workers on quality improvement projects managing children and adolescents on ART
- Support clinic-based healthcare workers to identify areas to improve, systems, linkages and supply of drugs.
- Support up and down referrals (community outreach, school health, district hospitals, hospice, social workers, DSD, CBO’s etc)
- Complete and maintain comprehensive and clear mentorship records.
- Weekly and monthly case management progress reports
- Weekly feedback addressing the clinical progress of clients on ART.
- Ideally be familiar with utilising RfAD/NHLS TrakCare database or similar DHIS databases
- Submit monthly reports as required by CHIVA and donors
- Assist with the compilation and circulation of reports
At least 5 years’ experience of managing children and adolescents on ART in a clinical primary health care setting. Must include ART management, adherence, disclosure of HIV status and SRHR for adolescents.
- Qualification in nursing – preferably with primary health care or currently studying towards obtaining a primary health care qualification.
- Up-to-date SANC registration
- 5 year’s experience delivering PHC services in a primary healthcare clinic
- 5 year’s experience in HIV management of paediatrics, child and adolescent clients
- Experience in disclosure of HIV diagnosis to children/adolescents
- Experience in adolescent support group implementation
- Knowledge of National Policies and Guidelines regarding primary healthcare services, HIV, TB, child and adolescent health
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in oral and written English and isiZulu
- The ability to work in a team and independently is important
- Ability to manage your own time and be accountable
- Willing to work after hours and weekends when necessary
- Ability to present to an audience and co-facilitate training sessions
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite)
- Good knowledge of use of technology (zoom, MS teams, webinars, social media)
- Must have secure network connection at home
- Valid driving license and is an experienced driver
- Willingness to drive for purposes of work
- Willing to travel to rural districts of KwaZulu-Natal
- Between the age bracket of 30 – 50 years
Please send applications to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org